Project Officer (Volunteering)
Part time: 18 hours per week
Contract: Secondment to May 2019
Salary: £28,380 (pro rata) plus essential car user allowance
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Community Development department for an enthusiastic, highly motivated person. The post involves supporting our volunteer programme across the organisation.
You’ll need to
- Actively engage with residents within the community
- Identify appropriate volunteering opportunities
- Support individuals to volunteer in local projects
- Encourage progression to help bring about positive change
- Experience of volunteering
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Willingness to travel across all regions
You’ll need to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of volunteering good practice
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people
- Ability to draft clear, concise correspondence and reportsTo apply online please visit:
- Closing Date: 20 August 2017
- Interview Date: 6 September 2017
- This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: 20 August 2017
At Optivo our aim is to have a diverse and inclusive workforce where people are respected for who they are. We embrace and celebrate cultural diversity in the workplace and value the strengths it brings us as an organisation. We believe that everyone deserves to be treated with respect irrespective of age, caring responsibilities, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We treat everyone we house, serve, employ and work with fairly and expect and encourage others to do the same.
How to apply
Please complete the application form online. The link to the form is below. If you take the option to register with us you can save your details and do not have to complete the form in one sitting.